WHERE WE ARE AFTER 60 YEARS,
OUR ACHIEVEMENTS AND ASPIRATIONS FOR THE FUTURE
The following are examples of some of the projects we have undertaken –
- The establishment in 1999 of our volunteer programme
- In 2006 we established the first Old Age Village for senior pets in S.A. In 2014, thanks to the support of generous sponsors, this facility was upgraded and modernised.
- In 2013 we established our feral cat programme
- In 2014 we established the Freedom Cat Village
- 2014/2015 saw the re-establishment of our mobile clinic service and outreach programme
Thanks to the generous support received from donors and trust funds, we have been able to undertake a number of upgrades at our headquarters –
- Complete refurbishment of our hospital
- Kennel office – underwent major renovations which greatly expanded the area space of the original building. This has allowed Kennels to incorporate a small pet shop area in their reception, which stocks pet food and products for sale to the general public.
- Charity shop – changes have been made to improve our charity shop, and this continues to be a work in progress
- Security – because we live in uncertain times and criminals don’t discriminate when it comes to robbing charities or the less fortunate, we have enhanced the existing measures that were already in place