BE KIND TO ANIMALS
This educational puzzle will not only give children an interactive opportunity to play, but will also teach them the importance of being a responsible pet owner. Hopefully this will help to engender kindness, compassion and respect for companion and farm animals.
Follow these simple instructions to make your own puzzle at home: *
*(Parental supervision recommended)
- First download and print your own copy of the AACL’s beautiful colourful jigsaw puzzle free of charge
- Glue your printed puzzle on thin cardboard and cut on the lines to make your puzzle!
- Easy! Now have fun and learn at the same time!
Parents and teachers can firstly ask children to identify all the animals in the picture.
Then describe the interactions between the humans and the animals
Highlight the following important aspects that are depicted in the puzzle:
- All animals need healthy food and clean water daily
- Animals need adequate shelter
- Companion animals need exercise, love and attention
- Animals should be kept on a leash when walking them
- All animals must be allowed to behave in a natural way and to be comfortable
- (Note the free-range chickens / ducks / cows / sheep. The pig is not in a crate)
- Companion animals need identification i.e. ID disks
- Animals should not be allowed to stray (note the fences)
- Companion animals need regular check-ups and inoculations at a vet
- Animals need to be healthy and free from pain and injury
- Sick and injured animals need to see a vet a.s.a.p.
- Dogs, cats and some farm animals like horses, need to be groomed and kept free from ticks and fleas (See the girl busy brushing her dog)
- Working animals should not be overloaded (See horse with cart). No animal should be beaten or ill-treated
- Report people that are ill-treating animals to the AACL