The AACL is one of the largest animal welfare organisations in South Africa, and we work tirelessly to ensure that all the stray, surrendered and unwanted animals in our care receive the best possible treatment; and that as many animals as possible are adopted out to loving families.
The AACL Cape Town is seeking a passionate and dedicated person to head up our Adoptions team in Epping.
Key performance areas:
- Ensure that all animals in the Adoptions Department at Epping receive excellent animal care including monitoring the health and welfare of animals; reporting veterinary problems to the veterinary personnel in a timely fashion; ensuring that all animal records are kept up to date; maintaining the state of the kennels and
- Management of stray animals to ensure adequate advertising and networking of lost and found
- Maintaining AACL procedures throughout the Adoption process with the purpose to increase the number of successfully adopted animals on an ongoing
- Managing a team of approximately 10 staff including training, supervision, performance management; and coordinating volunteers and community service
- Supporting and assisting with all marketing and outreach initiatives with the purpose to promote the AACL and animals for adoption.
- Be part of the AACL Management team and be a key player in ensuring the AACL achieves its goals and
- Qualification in an animal care related field
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in animal husbandry, behaviour and animal
- Minimum of 3 years managing small teams
Other competencies and personality attributes:
- Computer literate and proficient using Microsoft Suite
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Good decision-making skills and sound judgment
- Organising & task management
Interested applicants are requested to forward their CV’s; motivation letter and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing dates for applications: Wednesday, 17 July 2019 12h00
- Only candidates selected for an interview will receive a response
- AACL-CT reserves the right not to make an appointment