Issued 5 November 2019
VACANCY: MAINTENANCE OFFICER
The AACL Cape Town is one of the largest animal welfare organisations in South Africa, and we have two facilities (Epping and Bellville) that supports our Hospital, Mobile Clinic, Adoptions, Inspectorate and Administrative functions.
The purpose of the position is to maintain the grounds, buildings, facilities and equipment of the branches, and ensure that the grounds of the AACL Cape Town’s facilities portray a professional image. The Maintenance Officer shall have a diverse knowledge of plumbing, electrical work, carpentry, painting, tiling, ground maintenance and project coordination.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Be responsible for all maintenance work at both branches to ensure that the property, buildings and grounds are well maintained.
- Work with managers responsible for different areas to identify areas for improvement.
- Be able to take care of basic maintenance tasks (i.e. “hands-on”).
- Supervise contractors to ensure that outsourced work is carried out to specific requirements; and projects are carried out timeously and to the desired standard.
- Be responsible for the maintenance schedule and budget.
- Coordinate security activities to ensure that the AACL’s assets, employees, guests and animals on site are safe from intruders, theft and break-ins.
- Create and implement security standards, policies and procedures.
- Other duties
- Ensure OHS compliance
- Driving to collect and deliver goods, stock, donations
- Demonstrable “hands-on” expertise and practical “know-how”
- Experience in supervising contractors and coordinating small projects
- Excellent time management skills
- Being physically fit and willing to work in all weather conditions
- Valid Code 8 Driver’s License and Police Clearance Certificate
Please send CV, motivational letter and salary expectation
to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 November 2019, 12h00.